Field Notes Notebooks National Parks Edition · 3-Pack (Graph paper)
Out of stock? Shop our AU Store →
Join free & get 10% off your first order + V·I·P only perks.
Already on the V·I·P List? Log in →
- This item qualifies for our $10 USD delivery to USA.
- You can get FREE delivery to USA when you spend over $100 USD. More on Shipping & Returns →
Field Notes Summer 2019 Edition National Parks · Three 3-Packs, Nine Parks
Since the early days of Field Notes we have been searching for just the right way to create an edition celebrating America’s National Parks. When we saw the work of the artists of The Fifty-Nine Parks Print Series, we knew exactly what to do. We’re proud to present this collaboration and invite you to check out three 3-Packs and 52 million acres of American treasure. We’re donating five percent of retail and wholesale purchases to the National Parks Service, to help preserve and expand on our nation’s best idea.
Gorgeous illustrations of nine iconic National Parks are featured on the covers of nine Memo Books, which are grouped into the three 3-Packs that make up the “National Parks” Series. Choose your favorite 3-Pack, or start a Field Notes year-long subscription and you’ll receive all three of them in your first shipment.
SERIES A 3-PACK
Includes Yosemite National Park and Zion National Park, both by Dan McCarthy, and Acadia National Park by Telegramme Paper Co. Fnc43 Parks Bthree
SERIES B 3-PACK
Grand Canyon National Park by DKNG Studios, Joshua Tree Nat’l Park by The Little Friends of Printmaking, Mount Rainier Nat’l Park by Glenn Thomas. Fnc43 Parks Cthree
SERIES C 3-PACK
Rocky Mountain National Park by Rory Kurtz, Great Smoky Mountains National Park by Chris Turnham, Yellowstone National Park by Brave the Woods. A STEP BACKWARDS The covers are printed on a variety of colored 100-lb. cover stocks from the French Paper Company of Niles, Michigan, using a custom, five-color process that started with under-printing white ink. This allowed us to incorporate the color of the paper into the artwork. The illustrative styles, the printing process, and the copper staples recall the heritage, and archival promotional materials and publications, of the National Park System.
- Yosemite & Zion - Dan McCarthy
- Acadia - Telegramme Paper Co.
- Grand Canyon - DKNG Studios
- Joshua Tree - The Little Friends of Printmaking
- Mount Rainier - Glenn Thomas
- Rocky Mountain - Rory Kurtz Great
- Smoky Mountains - Chris Turnham
- Yellowstone - Brave the Woods
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: A variety of French 100#C papers, some with a few burly hits of opaque white under process cyan, magenta, yellow, and black soy-based Toyo inks.
- Cover printed in two passes through a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Green Earth” soy-based Toyo ink.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher.
- Corners rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge round-corner machine.
- Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- $10USD flat-rate delivery or FREE on all orders over $100USD.
- Questions? Get in touch.