Field Notes Notebooks Black Ice Edition
Out of stock? Shop our AU Store →
Join free & get 10% off your first order + V·I·P only perks.
Already on the V·I·P List? Log in →
- This item qualifies for our $10 USD delivery to USA.
- You can get FREE delivery to USA when you spend over $100 USD. More on Shipping & Returns →
Field Notes notebooks Black Ice Edition · 48 ruled pages
In this edition Field Notes have stamped Sappi’s premium McCoy 100# cover stock with a silvery-black metallic foil, covering the whole book, everything but the spine. That portion features a stripe of vibrant orange ink with a soft-touch varnish. The cover text is embossed, giving the whole book a retro-futuristic machine feel.
The biggest difference between the special edition Field Notes Black Ice and the usual Field Notes is a bit less obvious if you don’t look closely. This is their first pocket memo book without staples! The books are PUR-bound using an advanced polyurethane adhesive that’s both stronger and more flexible than regular perfect binding.
Inside, you’ll find “Bright White” Finch Fine Smooth 70# text paper, a brighter-white version of the paper found (and beloved) in the “America the Beautiful” limited edition. It’s ruled in “Frost Gray” with a double-rule of “DDC Orange” up top.
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: Sappi McCoy 100#C Silk with a brute force, 1-color application of “DDC Orange” soy-based Saphira ink with soft-touch varnish.
- Cover stamped with Crown “Black Ice” foil by Nu Wave Die Cutting & Finishing, Chicago, Ill.
- Cover text embossed by Nu Wave Die Cutting & Finishing, Chicago, Ill.
- Innards: Finch Paper Fine Smooth 70#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 2-color application of “DDC Orange” and “Frost Gray” soy-based Saphira inks.
- Printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- Bound by Specialty Finishing Group, Elk Grove Village, Ill., with the Wohlenberg Quickbinder PUR system with Henkel TechnoMelt PUR 3365 glue and Henkel TechnoMelt GA 007A hinge-side glue.
- Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
- Ruled lines: 1/4" (6.4mm). 48 Pages.
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- $10USD flat-rate delivery or FREE on all orders over $100USD.
- Questions? Get in touch.