Field Notes notebooks 'Rams' Edition · 3-Pack (Dot-Graph paper)
Already on the V·I·P List? Log in
Field Notes 'Rams' Edition · 3-Pack (Dot-Graph paper)
“Rams is a documentary portrait of Dieter Rams, one of the most influential designers alive, and a rumination on consumerism, sustainability, and the future of design.” Gary Hustwit’s new documentary is now premiering across America and the world. In conjunction with the release, Field Notes made a simple 3-Pack which owes its color scheme to a range of Dieter Rams’s iconic products, most notably the Braun T3 Transistor Radio from 1958, and includes Rams’s famous Ten Principles of Good Design on the cover. The interiors feature light grey Dot-Graph paper and the covers have been hit with a soft-touch varnish for feel and protection.
This is a limited run, so when they’re gone, they’re gone forever. We admire Gary’s insightful, entertaining and thoughtful approach. His design trilogy, Helvetica, Objectified, and Urbanized are classics and we’re excited to be a part of his long-in-the-works portrait of one of our all-time design heroes.
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: New Page Sterling Premium 120#C “Dull” printed with “T3 Light Gray, Orange, and Dark Gray” soy-based Saphira inks with a “soft touch” varnish.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “T3 Light Gray” soy-based Saphira
- Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
- Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
- Dot-Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- UPC: 858493003745
- $10USD flat-rate delivery or FREE on all orders over $100USD.
- Questions? Get in touch.